Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Where is God?

Where is God when bad things happen to people? I have a nephew, Jeremy, with ALS, and a sister-in-law, Mandi, who is 7 months pregnant with a child that has a genetic disorder that is "incompatible with life." Where is God? He is right where He has always been, at our side and in control!!



I'm sure most of you watched the Extreme Home Makeover Show. I read a follow up article on Jeremy and how he was dissappointed at the fact that they didn't mention his faith. In the "comments" section, following the article, a guy named Fred led a discussion about how "irrational" and "mindless" we are to believe in a God who lets these things happen. The anger, vulgarity, and bitterness in his comments were disturbing and sad.



I don't know what each person who reads this blog believes about who God is but I do want others to know who I KNOW He is. He is the God who I asked to come into my heart and be the boss of my life at 8 years old. He is the God who has brought me through numerous difficulties in my life. He is the God who has given me more blessings than I could ever count. He is the God who sustains me and gives me a hope and a purpose. I don't know much, but I know that there is not anything that can happen to me that my God and I can't handle.



It would be easy for Jeremy and Mandi to be angry towards God for their circumstances, but they are not. They are champions for Christ!! They understand that God is in control and that He loves us so much more than we could ever imagine. I don't pretend to know the struggles they face, but I do know their God and I know that He is good.



God is good and that is why He sent Jesus to die on a cross for our sins. Jesus is coming back and I pray that Fred and anyone reading this blog that doesn't know Jesus will seek Him.



P.S. You can follow Mandi's story at www.dmsshadley.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. This is great Monica! I think their faith was evident throughout the show. I feel sure there are people out there who watched and said "I want what they've got!" and are searching for someone to provide the answers. I pray those people get the only RIGHT answer. I DO wish the show would have focused a bit more on their strong faith but unfortunately with ABC that doesn't happen very often.

    ReplyDelete